2021 Health & Safety Plan – Indy Eleven & Carroll Stadium
Indy Eleven Home Game with Limited Crowd Size & Social Distancing Measures
UPDATED as of August 11, 2021
Create a safe stadium environment for our fans by adhering to federal, state, and local guidelines relating to the COVID-19 pandemic with specific focus on the following strategic elements.
- Compliance with Masking Guidelines – patrons are required to wear masks while occupying indoor spaces at the venue (restrooms, suites & press box), except when consuming food & beverages; mask-wearing is encouraged throughout the venue at all times, especially when social distancing is difficult
- Suggested Social Distancing – mitigating key congregation points to ensure the maintenance of social distancing wherever possible.
- Minimal Contact – institute strategies that reduce physical contact points with people and surfaces.
- Cleanliness – ensure focus on routine cleaning of high-volume touch areas such as handrails and common surfaces.
- Participant Safety – mitigating risk to players, coaches, officials, and spectators.
Ticket License – Indy Eleven game tickets have updated language to include: A waiver for risks associated with Covid-19 covering the Indy Eleven and IUPUI.
Ticketing has returned to its normal seating map layout for games, but overall capacity restrictions for the venue will continue through at least July:
- Grandstand areas have returned to assigned seating, utilizing lower level-sections (5-16), mid-level sections (106-115), upper-level sections (206-212)
- The West Stand/Brickyard Battalion area has returned to General Admission seating and is available as per normal seating allotments.
- Guest and media will call and game day ticket purchase options will continue to take place at the Gate C Box Office, which is protected by glass.
- Suites are now sold at full capacity.
- In compliance with IUPUI campus guidelines, patrons are required to wear masks while occupying indoors spaces – this includes inside the VIP Suites at Carroll Stadium – except when consuming food & beverages.
- The Fieldside Suites (East Endline) are not considered an inside area, thus mask wearing will remain encouraged, but not mandated, in those spaces.
Parking Lots A, B, & C will be open for spectators.
Parking in all non-tailgate lots will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
Approved tailgate lot(s) will open three (3) hours prior to kickoff.
- Starting August 14, tailgating WITH OPEN FLAMES will be permitted in LOT B ONLY.
Prepaid parking will be encouraged; alternatively, credit cards and cash will be accepted at lot entry gates.
Parking Lot A will be in use by Indy Eleven staff and vendors during pregame setup.
Attendants will screen for parking passes at each open gate.
- In compliance with IUPUI campus regulations, patrons at Carroll Stadium are required to wear masks while occupying indoor spaces at the venue – including all restrooms, suites and the press box – except when consuming food & beverages.
- Three entry gates – GATES A (Northeast), B (North/Suites) & C (Northwest) – will be open for entry beginning 60 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Fans are encouraged to enter the gate designated on their ticket, which will correspond to their seating location.
- GATE A (Northeast Gate)
- Sections 5-10
- Sections 105-110
- Sections 206-210
- GATE B (North Suite Gate)
- All Hospitality Tent and Suite Ticket Holders
- GATE C (Northwest Gate)
- Sections 11-16
- Sections 111-115
- Sections 211-212
- GATE A (Northeast Gate)
- Bike rack chutes or stanchions will be utilized to guide guests during the entry process.
- Signage will be posted at all gates that reads, “Any fans that have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, are experiencing a loss of taste or smell, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat should not attend the match and should contact Indy Eleven customer service via phone or e-mail the next business day to seek a ticket exchange”.
- Part one of spectator entry will be the security screening.
- Wands will be utilized at each gate.
- Bags will be prohibited from entering the venue with the following exceptions:
- Bags needed for medical purposes
- Diaper bags accompanying an infant
- Small clutch or zipped wallets will be permitted inside the building (No larger than 4.5”x 6.5”), as well as 1 gallon size clear bag or bag that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC (No larger than 12” x 12” x 6”).
- All bags meeting the exception standards will be subject to search in a touchless manner
- Part two of spectator entry will be the ticket scan.
- Ticket scanning will be contactless. The fan will be required to display their barcode to the scanner who will scan the ticket.
- Hand sanitation stations will be placed by ingress points.
- Fans will be encouraged to exit the stadium through the same entrance in which they entered.
- Hand sanitation stations will be placed by egress points.
- Because the press box is an enclosed area, all patrons in this area will be required to wear a mask except when consuming food & beverages
- All press box seating will remain socially-distanced, at least 6 ft. apart.
- Buffet food and drink options for the press box will be eliminated.
- Single serve boxed meals will be made available.
All housekeeping staff and efforts will have to be highly visible and follow a consistent cleaning and sanitation process through the entire duration of the event, in all the areas of the building.
- All employees will be encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water frequently/when breaks are taken.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to all employees on the field. These employees will be required to wipe down their workstations.
Housekeeping will ensure all spectator areas are cleaned and sanitized before gates open.
E. Food & Beverage – Chartwells
All Chartwells staff will adhere to the strict guidelines put in place regarding the wearing of gloves, increased hand washing practices as well as implementing safety shields/sneeze guards on all concession stands and food areas.
Food & Beverage Modifications – The following is a list of operational changes that Chartwells is implementing in response to COVID-19 preparedness.
Implementation of hand sanitizing stations throughout venue
- Front of House (at all service areas including points of sale, suites and catered spaces)
- Back of House (Entrance and Exit to kitchens, pantries and Concession Stands)
Increased cleaning and sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces and work areas
- Dedicated staff members to sanitize and disinfect
- Door handles, push plates, condiment stands and food service counters
Employee Pre-screening via wellness survey app and entrance to facilities
- Employees with flu like symptoms are required to remain home
Encouragement of respiratory etiquette
Staff trained to cover nose and mouth while sneezing or coughing
Safety shields installed at all points of sale between staff and guests
Modified food and beverage service
- Adaptable menus and served in closed containers
- Replacing bulk condiments with single-serve packets
- Eliminating any/all refills (food or beverage)
- Individually packaged meals
- Increased availability of grab and go items
- Modified catering/buffet services (back of house service areas/locker rooms)
- Placement of hand sanitizer in all service areas and at fronts of “served” Buffet areas
- Covered dispensers for utensils, service ware and napkins
- Individually wrapped cutlery
- Use of sealed containers, wraps and lids for all food and beverage items
Elevated COVID-19 training for team members to return to work
- Appointment of onsite Health Ambassador focused on COVID-19 policies for ALL staff
- Enforcement of policies throughout events within venue
Items will not be able to be tried on.
Each stand will have a minimum of two points of sale.
Hand sanitizer will be available for use at each point of sale.
G. Stadium PA Reads
The stadium PA announcer will make multiple addresses pre, during, and post-game to encourage fans to follow all protocols set in place. Addresses to include, but not limited to: maintaining social distancing when possible, and washing hands or using sanitizer where provided.